On Tuesday, May 20th, PRSA Boston and Social Media Club Boston put on a great event on social media and the future of journalism.
Veteran journalist Paul Gillin, author of “The New Influencers” and the upcoming book “Secrets of Social Media Marketing”, led a panel of reporters, editors and producers through a discussion of the future of journalism in a social media world. The big questions we asked:
* How are blogs, podcasts and online video impacting the both the business and the reporting of news?
* Will journalists need to master video, audio and photography in order to practice their craft in the future?
* How has the journalism profession been impacted by the success of bloggers moving into the reporting business?
* What does the future have in store for mainstream media? How can those media stay relevant in a changing information world?
The panelists were:
* Ted McEnroe, Director of Digital Media, NECN
* Robin Lubbock, Director of New Media, WBUR
* Howard Sholkin, Director of Communications & Marketing Programs, IDG Communications
* David Wallace, Managing Partner, Gamechange LLC
Social Media Club Boston event audio is available as a podcast.
WE'VE MOVED! Please visit http://techprgems.com/ for new content!